Aluvean Seas

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aluvean Seas

The official forum for nations of the Aluvean Seas

3 posters

Libertarian-Industrial Party Thread

Selucia

Libertarian-Industrial Party Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Libertarian-Industrial Party Thread

Post  Selucia Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:51 pm

Much appriciated
    Fontoria
    Fontoria

Libertarian-Industrial Party Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Libertarian-Industrial Party Thread

Post  Fontoria Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:47 am

This all sounds good! Smile

Post  Guest Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:06 am

Platform draft added.
    Fontoria
    Fontoria

Post  Fontoria Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:01 am

Since VEX has left the region (and therefore can no longer be in this party), I presume it is up to me to sort out the party.
    Fontoria
    Fontoria

Post  Fontoria Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:15 am

Ok, here is the new platform. If anyone here has any objections to any of these, please say so:

The party is lead by Fontoria with KF25 being second in charge.

Members:
    The KFland of KF25
    The Federal Empire of Fontoria
    The Empire of Selucia

Party Platform: (draft I)

[0] PREAMBLE
    The Libertarian-Industrial Party is committed to two core principles: maximizing personal liberties and the power of free enterprise.

[1] PERSONAL LIBERTIES

[1.1] Freedom of Speech
    The Libertarian-Industrial Party fully supports freedom of speech in all of its forms, be they electronic, handwritten, printed, broadcast, or otherwise. The Party will always oppose any forms of government censorship.

[1.2] Privacy
    The Libertarian-Industrial Party supports a doctrine of personal privacy and is against all forms of illegal surveillance, including wiretapping, as well as unwarranted search and seizure.

[1.3] Firearms
    The Libertarian-Industrial Party promotes the responsible carry & use of personal firearms for one's own protection.

[1.4] Relationships
    The Party believes that all citizens, regardless of age, race, gender, or sexual orientation, should be permitted to be together.

[1.5] Abortion
    The Party belives in pro-choice, and is for abortion and we also belive abortion should be free for anyone.

[1.6] Crime & Punishment
    The Libertarian-Industrial Party is in favor of the doctrine of "innocent until proven guilty" and believes that the government exists to protect the rights of citizens. No citizen shall be detained without due reason, and all citizens shall be granted their rights to a speedy and fair trial by jury. Although, if a crime is so grevious or inhumane, we promote the death penalty.

[1.7] Drugs & Alcohol
    The Party supports full legalization of drugs and alcohol so long as their use does not interfere with another citizen's right to life, liberty, or property.

[1.8] Inherent Rights
    The Party believes that all humans are born with certain rights (namely life, liberty, and property) and that these rights should not be denied or otherwise abridged based on race, sexual orientation, religion, political preference, gender, nationality, personal habits, age, or wealth.

[1.9] Religion
    The Party belives that anyone can choose their own religion, and we strongly disaprove of parents, carers, family, or freinds unfluencing ones religion, especialy at a young age.

[2] ECONOMIC LIBERTIES

[2.1] Property
    The Libertarian-Industrial Party believes that all citizens have rights to their own property and is thus against the policies inherent in eminent domain. Citizens have the right to use their property in any way that they see fit so long as it does not forcibly harm another.

[2.2] Environment
    The Party believes that some sacrafices to the enviroment are nessisary in order to maintain a healthy economyy, however we do not promote harm and distruction towards the enviroment.

[2.3] Energy
    The Libertarian-Industrial Party does not support government subsidies of any particular form of energy.

[2.4] Government Spending & Taxation
    The Libertarian-Industrial Party favors a small, sleek, and efficient government. It believes that government spending should be absolutely minimized. The Party calls for the abolition of income tax as it believes that all citizens are entitled to the fruits of their labor.

[2.5] Labor
    The Party supports the repeal of any law which makes it difficult for any citizen to find work.

[2.6] Education
    The Libertarian-Industrial Party believes that governments should not be responsible for education and that the parents of children are responsible for such.

[2.7] Income Security
    The Party believes in individual responsibility in saving for retirement and that this should not be a function of the government. Programs such as Social Security would be privatized under the Party.

[3] FOREIGN POLICY

[3.1] Defense
    The Libertarian-Industrial Party believes that the government should maintain a military to protect the rights of citizens against foreign aggression.

[3.2] International Affairs
    The Party seeks to remain at peace with the rest of the world and favors a non-interventionist foreign policy.

[3.3] Trade
    The Libertarian-Industrial Party favors the repeal of any and all restrictions on international freedoms of trade.

[4] GOVERNMENT

[4.1] Representative Government
    The Libertarian-Industrial Party believes in a free and representative government "of the people, by the people, and for the people."

[4.2] Self-Determination
    The Party holds the view that if and when a government becomes a threat to personal liberties, the people living under that government have the right to destroy or alter it.

[4.3] Separation of Church and State
    The Party believes in the doctrine of separation of church and state: the government shall not make any law promoting the establishment of a religion or prohibiting the free exercise thereof. Government and religion cover completely separate topics and should stay out of each other's affairs.

Selucia

Post  Selucia Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:05 am

2.2- *Sacrifices. Environment. Economy. Destruction. (Spelling errors).

I believe this should be reworded as to state that no excess harm and destruction be done to the environment; I feel it's kinda vague/contradicting as is.
    Fontoria
    Fontoria

Post  Fontoria Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:50 am

Sorry for the spelling errors, I can be a right plank sometimes! Razz

I prefer my version a bit, but if you prefer yours, i could change it. Not right now tough, but tommorow maybe.
    Selucia

Post  Selucia Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:52 am

Well, we do have three people, we could just ask KF25 what he thinks to "break the tie" if you will.

Post  Guest Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:06 am

Fontoria,

I've edited the first post to reflect your new party platform & I fixed any spelling errors that I've found.
    Selucia

Post  Selucia Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:30 am

Vex, i don't believe in the revised constitution it says that abortions should be government funded, which leads me to ask "who is funding these free abortions?" If not the government (as that would go against libertarian ideas) then who? They should be considered just like any other medical operation, which means one would have to pay for them.

Also, can we get a section on general healthcare? We have ones concerning specific issues, but I'd like a generic "no government sponsored healthcare." Or something like that.

Post  Guest Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:04 am

Fontoria said that they should be free for everyone and the only way that happens is with government sponsorship. I'm technically not in this party anymore so talk to him and I can make any changes in the OP.
    KF25

Post  KF25 Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:20 am

I agree with Font.
    Selucia

Post  Selucia Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:31 am

Oh, I should have made that clearer Vex, I only included you to edit your post, the rest was open ended to the party, not devoted to you. My apologies.

Anyways, I still hold that said government sponsored healthcare goes against one of the core tenants of as little government intrusion as possible. And, again, I would still like a general healthcare section to elaborate these points.

And what do you agree with KF? Could you be a little more specific?
    KF25

Post  KF25 Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:54 am

V E X wrote:Fontoria said that they should be free for everyone and the only way that happens is with government sponsorship.
    Selucia

Post  Selucia Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:01 am

Ah, thanks for that KF. Well, seems like ill be outvoted here, so for the sake of democracy, ill acquiesce. Doesn't mean I like it though.
    Fontoria
    Fontoria

Post  Fontoria Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:47 am

Thanks VEX! Smile

Looks like we need to gain some more members, we're falling behind in the election by 2 votes! Sad
    Selucia

Post  Selucia Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:48 am

Isn't the election over?
    Fontoria
    Fontoria

Post  Fontoria Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:03 am

I have no idea Razz

Post  Guest Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:12 am

I would recommend that you lovely chaps (I don't know you-but you seem lovely Razz ) take a look at the new Triumvirate Party page.
    Fontoria
    Fontoria

Post  Fontoria Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:33 am

I don't take this third party seriously right now as there are no apparent supporters, or at least not as mant as the other two partys, and the elections have already started.
    Fontoria
    Fontoria

Post  Fontoria Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:05 pm

Guess what, K's incharge since I've left.........

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:52 pm