Aluvean Seas

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aluvean Seas

The official forum for nations of the Aluvean Seas

3 posters

Libertarian-Industrial Party Thread

Libertarian-Industrial Party Thread Empty Libertarian-Industrial Party Thread

Post  Guest Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:01 pm

This is the official thread for the Libertarian-Industrial Party (LIP). If you'd like to join the party, you can post here or telegram any of the party leaders.

The party is lead by Fontoria with KF25 being second in charge.

Members:
    The KFland of KF25
    The Federal Empire of Fontoria
    The Empire of Selucia

Party Platform: (draft I)

[0] PREAMBLE
    The Libertarian-Industrial Party is committed to two core principles: maximizing personal liberties and the power of free enterprise.

[1] PERSONAL LIBERTIES

[1.1] Freedom of Speech
    The Libertarian-Industrial Party fully supports freedom of speech in all of its forms, be they electronic, handwritten, printed, broadcast, or otherwise. The Party will always oppose any forms of government censorship.

[1.2] Privacy
    The Libertarian-Industrial Party supports a doctrine of personal privacy and is against all forms of illegal surveillance, including wiretapping, as well as unwarranted search and seizure.

[1.3] Firearms
    The Libertarian-Industrial Party promotes the responsible carry & use of personal firearms for one's own protection.

[1.4] Relationships
    The Party believes that all citizens, regardless of age, race, gender, or sexual orientation, should be permitted to be together.

[1.5] Abortion
    The Party is pro-choice and also believes government-sponsored abortion should be free for anyone.

[1.6] Crime & Punishment
    The Libertarian-Industrial Party is in favor of the doctrine of "innocent until proven guilty" and believes that the government exists to protect the rights of citizens. No citizen shall be detained without due reason, and all citizens shall be granted their rights to a speedy and fair trial by jury. Although, if a crime is so grievous or inhumane, we promote the death penalty.

[1.7] Drugs & Alcohol
    The Party supports full legalization of drugs and alcohol so long as their use does not interfere with another citizen's right to life, liberty, or property.

[1.8] Inherent Rights
    The Party believes that all humans are born with certain rights (namely life, liberty, and property) and that these rights should not be denied or otherwise abridged based on race, sexual orientation, religion, political preference, gender, nationality, personal habits, age, or wealth.

[1.9] Religion
    The Party believes that anyone can choose their own religion, and we strongly disapprove of parents, careers, family, or friends influencing one's religion, especially at a young age.

[2] ECONOMIC LIBERTIES

[2.1] Property
    The Libertarian-Industrial Party believes that all citizens have rights to their own property and is thus against the policies inherent in eminent domain. Citizens have the right to use their property in any way that they see fit so long as it does not forcibly harm another.

[2.2] Environment
    The Party believes that some sacrifices to the environment are necessary in order to maintain a healthy economy, however we do not promote harm and destruction towards the environment.

[2.3] Energy
    The Libertarian-Industrial Party does not support government subsidies of any particular form of energy.

[2.4] Government Spending & Taxation
    The Libertarian-Industrial Party favors a small, sleek, and efficient government. It believes that government spending should be absolutely minimized. The Party calls for the abolition of income tax as it believes that all citizens are entitled to the fruits of their labor.

[2.5] Labor
    The Party supports the repeal of any law which makes it difficult for any citizen to find work.

[2.6] Education
    The Libertarian-Industrial Party believes that governments should not be responsible for education and that the parents of children are responsible for such.

[2.7] Income Security
    The Party believes in individual responsibility in saving for retirement and that this should not be a function of the government. Programs such as Social Security would be privatized under the Party.

[3] FOREIGN POLICY

[3.1] Defense
    The Libertarian-Industrial Party believes that the government should maintain a military to protect the rights of citizens against foreign aggression.

[3.2] International Affairs
    The Party seeks to remain at peace with the rest of the world and favors a non-interventionist foreign policy.

[3.3] Trade
    The Libertarian-Industrial Party favors the repeal of any and all restrictions on international freedoms of trade.

[4] GOVERNMENT

[4.1] Representative Government
    The Libertarian-Industrial Party believes in a free and representative government "of the people, by the people, and for the people."

[4.2] Self-Determination
    The Party holds the view that if and when a government becomes a threat to personal liberties, the people living under that government have the right to destroy or alter it.

[4.3] Separation of Church and State
    The Party believes in the doctrine of separation of church and state: the government shall not make any law promoting the establishment of a religion or prohibiting the free exercise thereof. Government and religion cover completely separate topics and should stay out of each other's affairs.

Last edited by V E X on Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:08 am; edited 6 times in total
    Selucia

Libertarian-Industrial Party Thread Empty Re: Libertarian-Industrial Party Thread

Post  Selucia Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:05 pm

I'm posting here.
    Fontoria
    Fontoria

Libertarian-Industrial Party Thread Empty Re: Libertarian-Industrial Party Thread

Post  Fontoria Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:45 am

As well as editing the title, you should update your first post Wink

Just to let everyone know aboput the merge!

Post  Guest Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:11 am

Was getting around to that Very Happy
    Fontoria
    Fontoria

Post  Fontoria Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:51 am

Neat!

Now we need to decide who's standing for deligete on hehalf of the party.
    KF25

Post  KF25 Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:26 am

Does anyone want to run for delagate?

Post  Guest Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:02 am

I think we should vote amongst ourselves. If we cannot reach a majority vote, then we should nominate Selucia.
    Fontoria
    Fontoria

Post  Fontoria Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:54 am

I would like to run for deligete.

Post  Guest Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:38 am

Fontoria wrote:I would like to run for deligete.

In that case, provide a plan for what you would do. If I like it, I'll vote for you (and provided that you vote to nominate yourself), you'll get your 2/3 and be nominated.
    Fontoria
    Fontoria

Post  Fontoria Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:22 am

Ok, I'll think one up at some point. Here's what I've got so far:
    * To change the regional flag slightly to make it a little brighter. Not too much though
    * To create a regional currency like the Euro.
    * To help our region grow and develop.
    * To encourage nations to get their economys high.
    KF25

Post  KF25 Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:36 am

I'm fine with you running for delagate, but think the Lord Duke does that stuff.

Post  Guest Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:39 am

I'll add my vote to the nomination. 3/3; go ahead and announce it on the RMB.
    KF25

Post  KF25 Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:50 am

They will make a thread asking for the candidates. Also, we need to decide our candidate for Lord Duke.

Post  Guest Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:59 am

I'd be fine running for Lord Duke, but if you'd like to run KF25, I'd be happy to step aside and endorse you.
    KF25

Post  KF25 Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:13 am

I'm fine with you running. I could be Vice Duke.

Post  Guest Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:38 am

That works.
    Fontoria
    Fontoria

Post  Fontoria Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:58 am

So what's the conclusion?

Post  Guest Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:22 am

I'll be running for Lord Duke and you'll be running for WA Delegate. Sound good?
    KF25

Post  KF25 Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:44 am

We need to post our platform.

Post  Guest Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:49 am

Shall I submit a draft to your and Fontoria for revisal until we can agree upon a final version?
    KF25

Post  KF25 Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:23 am

Yes.
    Selucia

Post  Selucia Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:29 pm

Hath I no say in this matter?

Post  Guest Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:47 pm

Do you want a say?
    Selucia

Post  Selucia Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:10 pm

For the platform: yes, id like to be informed of what is going in it and have the ability to offer revisions. For the elections, not really.

Post  Guest Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:17 pm

Very well. I will post the draft sometime today in the OP.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 10:49 am