Aluvean Seas

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aluvean Seas

The official forum for nations of the Aluvean Seas

5 posters

Debate the Canon of the world of the Aluvean Seas *IMPORTANT*

Mesairien
    Mesairien

Debate the Canon of the world of the Aluvean Seas *IMPORTANT* Empty Debate the Canon of the world of the Aluvean Seas *IMPORTANT*

Post  Mesairien Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:45 am

Greetings everyone! Smile

As you all know (or should know! Evil or Very Mad) I was the origional designer of the Aluvean Seas - it was apart of my Nation's canon and a way to further develop and explore the world that would eventually become apart of the Video Game I intend to make in the future, based around the character of Thorpe in Mesairien.

Now, whilst I have spent a long time developing a bunch of specifications for the world - I understand that now the Aluvean Seas is not in my head but our Region and, at least the NS varient of the idea, belongs to all of us who RP. And up until now everyone who wanted to RP with me has practically bent over backwords to adhere to my ideas - which makes me feel incredibly bad, since it surely messes with their own National canon.

Therefore, I've decided that I shall tell you all my origional specifications of the Aluvean World (Called Orias by me) and the Solar System around it and let you debate any points or add any ideas. And if an idea/change has enough support I'll put it to a vote and then it will become a part of our established RP canon.

Now yes, you may think it's pointless for me to bang on about this canon stuff but as you have seen our RP Nations are closely intertwined with one another and it's very poor story-telling for us to exist in the same Region, fight in the same wars, have the same Monarchies - when we don't even have the same world!

But anyway, enough ranting from me - here's my specs, please (no really please) do share any ideas or concerns/issues you take with my specs and I'll consider changing them. Very Happy

Aluvean Seas planet/Universe canon specs
    Name: Orias
    Size: Roughly 3 times the size of Earth
    Water:Land Ratio: 3/4 Water (Still, far more land is around than on Earth – roughly twice as much)
    Lunar bodies: 1 Large moon which completes a lunar cycle every 34 days - has a smaller Asteroid-like body orbiting around it.
    Star: Orbits a Binary Star (A large Orange and small Blue star orbiting each other) on a 367 day calendar
    Solar System: 12 Planetary bodies – 7 Rock based worlds of various sizes (4 of which are in the Goldilocks zone) and 1 Gas planet are scattered throughout the inner system with 3 Gas Giants and 1 small Rock based world orbiting in the outer solar system – a similar set up to the Sol System.
    Planet Names (In order of distance from star):*UNDECIDED* But my idea had Orias sitting as the 4th planet from the Star
    Status of the world: The Aluvean Seas sits just above the equator – with the southern part of the Aluvean crossing onto the centre. Although it’s called the Aluvean, the Ocean is one giant sea and surrounds all land which is predominantly Island based but there are still 5 Major continents.
    One to the North-East, one directly to the East, one to the West, one to the South-West and one directly to the South.

The North-East continent is the largest and, although technically the North-East continent, it stretches far enough out to have a small peninsula across the North of the main Aluvean land cluster. This was once the Kingdom of Gaia but like the rest of this massive continent it has been overrun by Necromancers and their Undead armies for thousands of years and few efforts to reclaim the land has been successful – some attempts by the undead to invade the Eastern continent and many Islands in the Aluvean have also been made, but most were driven back.

The South-West Continent is largely unexplored Jungles and Mountains, the mountains are believed to be full of Dragons but reports vary – the Jungles are full of small deadly insects much like real life Earth and a possible Homo-class species with 4 arms (According to sightings) that has yet to be scientifically examined and named. However the Eastern-most area of this continent is largely flatland and is inhabited by several Nations that rarely venture far to the west.

The Southern, Western and Eastern Continents are inhabited by multiple Nations, both landlocked, enclave and coastal. (Since these seem to be predominantly where many Nations in the Region are from I removed my original specs of these Continents and left them open to alteration depending on each Nation and their location/societal structure)

Last edited by Mesairien on Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:01 am; edited 2 times in total
    Elven Imperium
    Elven Imperium

Debate the Canon of the world of the Aluvean Seas *IMPORTANT* Empty Re: Debate the Canon of the world of the Aluvean Seas *IMPORTANT*

Post  Elven Imperium Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:50 am

Sounds very good Mesairien I support it.
    Valorono
    Valorono

Debate the Canon of the world of the Aluvean Seas *IMPORTANT* Empty Re: Debate the Canon of the world of the Aluvean Seas *IMPORTANT*

Post  Valorono Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:00 am

Sounds good mes
    Constannia

Post  Constannia Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:46 am

It looks good so far; I'll try to come up with ideas to add later.
    Phoenixia
    Phoenixia

Post  Phoenixia Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:26 am

Ok second read:
    I only have a few questions.
    - What exactly is the 'Goldilocks Zone' ?
    - are the southern, western and eastern continent known by us yet ? Are that other regions, will they play a role in future RPs etc ?
    - as for the names can we stick to mythological figures or is there a plan you have for them already ?

So now my suggestion:
    - Could we have some kind of Isle Chain that can used as expansion in case we get more people ? Otherwise we can use it as some kind of colony map to have a few more RP options...
    Mesairien
    Mesairien

Post  Mesairien Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:58 am

Phoenixia wrote:Ok second read:
    I only have a few questions.
    1) - What exactly is the 'Goldilocks Zone' ?
    2) - are the southern, western and eastern continent known by us yet ? Are that other regions, will they play a role in future RPs etc ?
    3) - as for the names can we stick to mythological figures or is there a plan you have for them already ?

So now my suggestion:
    4) - Could we have some kind of Isle Chain that can used as expansion in case we get more people ? Otherwise we can use it as some kind of colony map to have a few more RP options...

1) The Goldilocks Zone is an astrological term - it refers to the small area in which planets can realistically sustain Liquid Water and life, an area where planets are not so close to the star that they're too warm and not too far that they're too cold.
    In the Sol System there are 3 Planets in the Goldilocks Zone, only Earth is habitable because Venus had too many Natural Gases and trapped so much heat all water would have boiled away and Mars had too litle gases so lost heat at an incredible rate and lost it's atmosphere entirely.

2) The Southern, Western and Eastern Continents are fully known to us by the MT/PMT/FT periods.
    It's debatable, though, for the PT Period, I'd say leave it to each individual's discretion as to whether or not they know about these continents in RP's based in the past.

3) Names for Planets, there's no rules besides the obvious - No ridiculous, no vulger and no Human names - as long as a name you put forward for a planet sounds as if it would realistically be the name for a planet, I'll happily accept it.

4) Don't understand this entirely, the Aluvean (a.k.a the entire massive ocean that covers the planet) is full of tons of Isolated Islands and Island chains, not to mention the Continent's I mentioned are fair game for colonisation and RPing. (Even the North-East and South-West ones, it just takes a ton of story telling and explaining to make it realisitic that you'd have a colony on an unexplored continent and/or a continent solely full to the brim of things trying to murder all living beings)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:21 pm